New study shows hand sanitising is more important than ever
Cleanliness and hygiene have been THE buzzword of 2020 – for obvious reasons. While many of us have adopted a more rigorous approach to hand washing and sanitising, a recent study conducted by Zidac Laboratories showed that not everyone is living by the new guidance.
Although hand sanitiser is now readily available in shops, restaurants and bars around the country, many people are still not carrying hand sanitiser with them when they leave the house.
Here are some shocking stats which might make you think twice about leaving the hand sanitiser at home.
In a study of 2,000 adults from across the UK, it was found that:
- 29% of respondents admitted to having sneezed or coughed into their hands whilst holding onto a handrail on public transport
- Only 50% of respondents said they carry hand sanitiser with them when visiting a supermarket
- A meagre 36% of respondents said they carry hand sanitiser when visiting a restaurant
- And only 30% of respondents said they carry hand sanitiser with them when going to a pub or bar
- In total, 65% of respondents admitted they sanitise before entering a bar or restaurant
When it came to animals and pets, our respondents revealed that 29% of owners never wash their pets, however, 58% of people wash their hands after petting their furry friend
For parents of school children, only 51% felt comfortable sending their kids back to school, with 37% admitting they were nervous. While children aren’t known for their cleanliness, with the right guidance they can learn how to use hand sanitiser to stay safe and protected from germs and bacteria.
It’s not all bad though, the study also revealed that since the advent of COVID-19, 74% of people are warier of making sure they clean their hands.
It’s clear people need to remain vigilant and stay healthy by washing their hands regularly and using an on the go hand sanitiser when this isn’t available. Whether you’re at a bar or restaurant, on public transport or even just at home, maintaining hand hygiene is more important than ever.
With the right products, we can make sure to stay safe and protected from dangerous germs, bacteria and viruses, giving us peace of mind during a difficult time.